Friday, April 8, 2011

# 196 Leesburg -Daybreak


NID participants, James, Gloria and Tom along with President Rich
Very happy about visiting this club as three of my fellow NID participants are members (Gloria, James and Tom).  As Leesburg is 3 hours away, I drove up the night prior to the meeting.  I met with James and Tom for dinner at a fabulous Northern Italian Restaurant.  That evening James and his his lovely wife Julie invited me to stay at their home.  Apparently a storm rolled in that created a lot of noise from the wind and hail, I barely noticed the rain, so a very comfy sleep for me.  Thank you again Julie and James.

As we walked to the meeting I could smell the muffins outside, an inviting aroma that could not be resisted. The guys and I were absolutely delighted to see that Gloria was in attendance as she floats between homes in Leesburg and Naples Florida, we thought she would be in Florida.  Upon telling the group that I rate energy among other topics, the crowd became very energized and made a very large welcome for me.  This was the first time James and Tom would see the presentation that we all would be giving at the district conference.  The group was extremely appreciative of what we accomplished in India and especially proud to have the most members from any club represented at the NID.

This gregarious group is involved in many projects both local and international and are very passionate to the eradication of Polio.

I truly enjoyed the carrot muffin as well as the sausage. 

Meal: $15

No comments:

Post a Comment