Monday, April 11, 2011

#198 Purcellville



President Tom exchanges banner and certificate

Happy Dollars go into the coffin....
Now Purcellville is as far away from West Point that I can be and still be in the district. At 3 1/2 hours away I came up the night before.  Expecting to find a small club I was surprised by the full house close of 50 people in attendance at 7:00am. The members were full of laughter and great spirit.  And any club that serves a good sausage gravy and biscuits is good in my books so thank you for the breakfast.  While the club talked about the upcoming fundraisers I was most intrigued by the Happy Dollar container....a coffin......I had to ask about this as I have not seen another club use such a device.  Now the story is that when they needed a container for the money a member and funeral director pulled out a sample casket and cut a slit in the top and it has been used ever since.  Okay so it's not exciting but then not everything in Rotary has to be exciting.

Meal $15
Banner $5

No comments:

Post a Comment