Tuesday, April 12, 2011

#199 Leesburg (Evening)

 President Tony congratulates the club's newest member Bill

President Tony thanks Tom for the banner which accompanied 
him on his trip also pictured Tom's traveling companions
Purcellville Rotarian Bob and Joe K caption




On every table Polio Plus donation box
Breathtaking views and amazing members will resound with this club.  Overlooking the Potomac River this club has a full house each week.  The Leesburg club holds a world record of most consecutive 100% attendance with 288 meetings, very impressive.
I was immediately welcomed when I arrived and introduced to many members.  A very busy evening for the club with a new member inducted, member Tom Horne speaking on his trip to Kilimanjaro and I  giving my brief talk.  I was pleased that several members had read about my quest in the district newsletter and were familiar with my goal of promoting Polio Plus.  The club uses cigar boxes every week to collect spare change for Polio Plus.  I am not certain where they stand in giving, but am very confident that they have contributed a substantial amount. I especially want to thank Phil and Melissa who invited me to join their table, the group made me want to join their club, albeit a little too far to travel to.  If my travels bring me back this way, I will certainly visit again.
Tom Horne's presentation on his climb up Kilimanjaro was fascinating and several expressed their desire to follow in his footsteps.  Tom also took a club banner to the top of the mountain which he gave to the club.  While I was wholly impressed by his and his traveling companions' stories, I have no desire to climb a mountain.
I wish to add my congratulations to President Tony and his family on their first grandchild.

Meal $25
Banner $5

No comments:

Post a Comment