Friday, April 1, 2011

#193 South Boston (7600)







AG Randy, President Larry,
PE Celeste and  President Peter(lake Country) and PD Chair Lisa
What a surprise to drive in and see four Rotarians from two other clubs, who I actually knew getting out of their car to attend this meeting. Going in they explained that two were going as a make up another is the acting AG and the third the PR Chair person for the district.  Going in we met an individual who is contemplating joining Rotary.  I hope he was inspired by the work the club is doing and meeting both the Rotarians of the club and the visitors.  President Larry "Rat" Davis is one of the nicest people you will ever meet, and I was definitely looking forward to sharing a meal and visit with this club.  Sitting with a group I learned I was seated next to the Superintendent for the school system, after sharing our Pointer Pathways, he told me that they had 70 students graduating with an associates degree this year.  I was very pleased to learn this, the Halifax County school system is definitely leading the way in innovation.

Ernie's Restaurant has a huge buffet a great selection of everything, I even tried Pineapple bread pudding.  The meeting room overlooks a beautiful water feature with the woods behind. After my presentation and many commented on my commitment to Rotary and Polio.  It is easy when you believe in the need to eradicate Polio.

Meal $15

No comments:

Post a Comment