Wednesday, April 20, 2011

The Final Stats




Lets look at the stats:
During my journey I had hoped to inspire other Rotarians to become involved with Polio Plus.  But as I visited the clubs, it was I that was inspired by the great works being completed by Rotarians around the globe.  I am truly humbled by the work of my fellow Rotarians who give their time, money and efforts to the humanitarian needs of others.  Service Above Self is not just  motto, it truly is a way of life.

I want to thank all of the clubs who welcomed me into their clubs, service projects and fund raisers, it was an amazing adventure.  Looking at the lighter side of the adventure I have rated some of my favorites and given statistical information, for those thinking about visiting 200 clubs in 200 Days. I only had two days during the quest, that I could not make a scheduled visit due to weather or other force.  I hope you enjoy the recap.


200 Club visits and/or events
Breakfasts: 60
Lunches: 71
Dinners:  24
Fundraisers: 8
Community service events: 8
Rotary events/meeting (non club) 29
District Conferences 3 different districts

What modes of transportation have I used to get to meetings:
walked
car
plane
ferry
trolley
biked
subway


Club banners  (additional $5 for each club which gave me a banner)
Morehead City-Noon, North Stafford, Bailey's Crossroads, Dulles, Leesburg Evening, Purcellville, South Boston, Beaufort-Olde Town, Smithfield, Oyster Point, Elizabeth City, Newport, Bath, La Jolla, Emporia, Hampton Roads, Cape Charles, Lake Ridge, Warwick, West Raleigh, Cary-Kildaire, Goldsboro-Three Eagles, Warrenton, Front Royal, KIWS, Calcutta Central, Calcutta-Victoria, Jaipur-Round Town, Brisbane, Jaipur-Capital, Fredericksburg, Arlington, Innsbrook, Reston and Bon Air.
Speaker gifts that I have received:
Mug/glass : 7  
pens: 23
Book donations: 3
ARC Donation: 1
Polio Plus donation: 2
Note pad: 1    
Candle holder: 1
calendar: 2
4-Way Test Coin: 2

Most Energetic Clubs
Powhatan
Virginia  Peninsula
Brandermill
Leesburg Daybreak
Western Henrico County

Most Laid Back
Alexandria South
Fluvanna County
Lunenberg County
Lake Country

Most Formal
Alexandria
Charlottesville
Richmond

Best View (keep in mind if there was fog or the club met off site it was not included, as I did not see the view)
Norfolk- Sunrise
Cape Charles
Leesburg- Evening
Nash-Rocky Mount
Rossyln-Fort Myers
Onancock

Best meeting room, without a view
Hugeunot Trail (Belle Vie)
Short Pump (Magiano's)
Tyson's Corner (Tower Club)
Blue Ridge Mountains (Farmington Country Club)


Best Singing
Franklin
West Richmond 
Cary-Page

Worst Signing (but most heart)
Morehead City-Noon

Best Music
Churchland
West Richmond
Richmond
McLean

Best Shoutouts
Innsbrook
Rappahannock

Favorite Fundraisers
San Francisco: World Polio Day: "End Polio Now" Walk
Chesapeake: Wine Festival
Farmville (VA): Pancake Breakfast
Matthews: Rock Fish Tournament

Favorite Community Service Events
Murshidabad: Sub National Immunization Day
Calcutta Central: Jaipur Limb Camp
Cape Henry: Foodbank Norfolk
South Delhi: Poster Contest
Caroline County:  Senior Gala
Midlothian: Stop Hunger Now
West Point: Healthy Kids Kick Off
7610 District Conference: Wounded Warrior Packs


Favorite Breakfast
Colonial Heights
Bon Air
Prince George
Melfa
West Point


Favorite Lunch
Lawerenceville
Arlington
Stafford
West Richmond
Morehead CityNoon (NC)
West Raleigh
Princess Anne (NC)


Favorite Dinner
Charlottesville
Fredericksburg
Louisa
Jaipur (india)

Number of times I had chicken and green beans
I think over 75 meals offered chicken and green beans, which I do like, just not every other day.  I even had chicken with breakfast on two occasions.

Biggest Donation Collected for Polio Plus in honor of my visit at the time of my visit.
Central Calcutta $2000
Blackstone $622
Fredericksburg $212 (when told that Harrisonburg had passed their giving they threw in another $10)
Harrisonburg $204

Number of page views on the blog: 2,432 views

Most viewed pages:
# 124 The Story of the Polio Survivor and the Polio Victim
# 8 Powhatan
# 87 West Point Board Meeting (very surprising, as it is not exciting)
The First 100 Days was a popular page as well and fun to write up.


Number of Countries viewing the blog: 
32 countries have log onto this blog.  Top countries in order:
USA, Czech Republic, France, Netherlands, Slovenia, India, Latvia, Malaysia, Russia and Australia.

Please note that many other clubs offered up Happy Dollars and other personal donations which are all recorded on a ledger and are all equally appreciated.  It is also noted on each blog visit what the meal cost (my donation) and any other donation offered at that time or commitment made at the time of my visit.

Again thank you to all the clubs who have welcomed me.




No comments:

Post a Comment