Monday, April 11, 2011

#197 West Richmond- Speaker

This is actually my 2nd visit to this club, they were also club number 89, but today I was asked to speak to the club on my recent trip to India and what happens with matching grants in the other countrys.  I can not express the gratitude for the stewardship of the Rotarians in India for all they do.  Recanting the stories of this visit, I could see many were touched by what I had seen.  For this is how I too was touched, listening to the stories shared by Rotarian George Atwell.   Somewhere along our time in Rotary if we are fortunate, someone like George inspires us to go beyond our comfort zone to become true Rotarians in Service Above Self.   As I reflect on my four years as a Rotarian, I have been blessed to meet some amazing individuals who I look up to as mentors, in my district, zone and internationally, these people bring out the desire to do even more than you already have.

Now back to the club, this club has it going on in so many ways; food, music, service projects and President Doug who writes a poem for each speaker. Oh and did I mention the speaker gift is a donation to Polio Plus (but I said that back in #89).  I will add the poem once it is copied to me by President Doug.

Thank you for inviting back to share my story with the club.

Meal $15

No comments:

Post a Comment