Thursday, March 24, 2011

# 192 Lake Ridge

members move to the speaking area after finishing the meal
lots of information

The coffee pot adds new dimensions to the money in the pot
This was the second breakfast club of the day, which I understand has an outstanding breakfast. Having been at this facility for another club, I would believe it.  The featured speaker reviewed a high speed rail system for Virginia, something that would be very welcomed, especially in the congested northern corridor of the state.  The speaker had met me early in this journey at his own club in Richmond, and was pleased to see that I had be able to complete the task.   While I spent a limited time with the club, I was impressed with what I saw.  A table with all sorts of Rotary and club information was laid out and in particular they had 2 bumper stickers, one on Polio which I had only seen as an image on internet searches, no one knew where it came from but it was offered to me.  I may have some made up. I would like them to have it available for all the members.  I also learned that one member had a family member who had Polio and was very driven to help with the eradication of Polio, unfortunately, the member was not in attendance on this day.

Now  for two new concepts:  first, in a picture above you will see a coffee pot, with the Rotary emblem.  This is the 2nd club I have seen that has a lottery system for sustaining members.  Each week the winner of the normal raffle drawing has the opportunity to put $10 into the pot, along with their name.  This is done for ten weeks, at the end one of the ten names is drawn and the money goes for their sustaining member in the foundation.  The second new concept, is after finishing the meal the members move to a seating area to listen to the presenter.  So the members are focused on the presentation and not the meal plate.

Thank you for the banner and the member donation!

Meal $15
Donation $20
Banner $5

No comments:

Post a Comment