Tuesday, December 7, 2010

# 75 Mt Vernon (7600)

Right off the bat, I need to go back in the day time to see what I was driving past, it was so dark this evening that I could not see anything but the road in front of me.  I am confident that this area is beautiful.

I was expecting a much larger group, but what they lacked in size they held in spirit and may I say this was a most delightful group to share a meal with.  I was so inspired by the work the club is doing with a local high school, Club President Zelma shared the great news that they had a formal partnership with Bryant School which with teen parents and teens at risk, giving them the skill sets they so desperately need to become productive citizens and the opportunity to develop to their potential.

The speakers, an orthopedic doctor and nurse shared their experiences of  traveling to Ecuador offering joint replacement to those with degenerative joint diseases.  I was every much in awe of their work.  The dinner was pleasant and the company very enjoyable.  The Mt Vernon mug is great for my tea, thank you.

Meal: $15

No comments:

Post a Comment