Monday, December 13, 2010

# 82 Western Henrico

This club almost beat Powhatan for most energetic, and I understand that they were quite tame this morning, so I might have to come back to see them at full force.

The first of three clubs that meet at the Westwood Racquet Club, this breakfast club was happy to have me share my story and I was pleased with the Polio write up on the Polio eradication efforts in the newsletter.  The newsletter is crisp, clean and attractive, very well put together.

I had the opportunity to share time with several members and learn more about this club.  Not seeing any women, I was told that they are trying to attract more and to add that to my blog.  Club President Christina was out on maternity leave, so my congratulations to her and her family.                

On this day the club was treated to the music of the Hermitage High's "Keynotes" Chorus. This sixteen member women's group delighted the club with six holiday songs which we all enjoyed.  Now for some additional fun, the group sang The Twelve Days of Christmas while acting out the verses. Our table acted out "A partridge in a pear tree" and "Eight maids a milking" It was hilarious, and if I could have figured out how to work the video on my camera I would have included it on the blog.

I did take some pictures while at this club but, they were not on the camera, so if someone from the club has a picture or two of the group or activity, I would be happy to add them to this post.

Meal: $13

No comments:

Post a Comment