Sunday, December 12, 2010

# 79 Goochland (7600)

I  have enjoyed the close proximity of most of the 7600 clubs, Goochland is one hour from my home so the morning commute is not bad.  And while I think one hour is short many clubs are surprised by my travel times.  When I arrived at the Goochland club, they were concerned that the speaker would not be to my liking.  I very much enjoyed the speaker, a ventriloquist who was hilarious.  The club was having a wood chucking community service project this weekend, where they cut wood and deliver it to families for firewood.  They are the 2nd club that I am aware that does this and I love the unique service opportunities that are out there.  The West Richmond Club delivered poinsettias that they are selling as a fund raiser, it is great that the local clubs support each other's fund raising efforts.

On the down side I have not seen my India NID photobook since this meeting,  I think; I accidentally left it on the table, the wait staff could have disposed of it.  The sad thing, was that my son made it as a gift for me.  If it is not found, I hope we can reorder from his original.

Thank you for the book donation, this is a great way to honor speakers and guests.


Meal $13

No comments:

Post a Comment