Sunday, December 12, 2010

# 78 Caroline County's Senior Gala

LJ Moyer is introduced to the attendees
Wow, wow, wow....What an event this club puts on!  I was absolutely blown away by this event that the Rotary club of Caroline provided to the senior citizens of the community.  The 12th year, it was bigger, better and bolder with the addition of live music from the Caroline County High School jazz band, High School Chorus and Richard Green and the Sound Solution band as well as a special appearance by "Message Sent" that had the attendees dancing the night away.   The high school band and chorus were unbelievable,  I don't remember hearing a high school group with as much talent before as these two groups.  The energy level was off the charts.

The food was prepared by the Caroline High School culinary arts students and yes while it was chicken & green beans, it was the best chicken & green beans on my tour.  I was amazed by the preparation and the Caroline High School Interact Club served over 400 meals in less than 20 minutes, a record for them.  The whole event went off without any glitches.   The local seniors look forward to this event every year and Chair; LJ Moyer did an outstanding job arranging and coordinating this wonderful evening.  I met some of the sweetest people.   All participants received a gift and there were door prizes and a grand prize.  I will state that I did not stay to see prizes as I was a hour from home and had to be out the door at 5:30 the next morning.    The club members provided, transportation, set up, serving, clean up, fundraising, and more, DG Ron Marion & wife Rosanne also got into the spirit while serving and clean up and enjoyed this event just as I did.  I definitely would come back to help with this again. 


No comments:

Post a Comment