Monday, December 13, 2010

# 89 West Richmond (7600)

James Earhart showing tools of the
trade for competitive tree climbing
Flowers, Flowers and more Flowers.  The West Richmond club was hosting a Poinsettia sale and by all accounts they did quite well in the sale of the holiday favorite.  These plants were huge I'd guess  three feet tall.  While this is not new I was pleased to see a club member who played the piano for the enjoyment of the members.  He was very very good and he wore a beautiful Rotary pin of a musical staff with the Rotary emblem.  By the way, this is the second club that meets at the Westwood Racquet Club.

The featured speaker was a competitive tree climber and while I have never heard of this event, it was very interesting and the videos amazing.  But what I was most taken with at this club was what they do to honor their speakers.  They donate ten Polio vaccines in the speakers name, I was almost brought to tears.  Thank you so very much!  This is how they do their fund raising for Polio Plus and I could not be happier to see this.  This is the first club that I have heard of to offer this.

By the way the lunch buffet was outstanding.  I enjoyed the company of the members at my table and have been asked to come back in April to speak on my next trip to India.

Meal: $15

No comments:

Post a Comment