Monday, December 13, 2010

# 83 Harrisonburg (7570)


It was a beautiful day for a drive over to the western part of the state to see my friend Abe Clymer.   Abe & I have know each other most of my Rotarian career,  which is only 4 years.  He surprised me by popping up in Calcutta last February for the Polio NID.  Abe has a more hectic travel schedule than I, so I made sure that he would be in attendance.  You know there are certain people whom you meet in Rotary, who make an impact on you and you look up to as a mentor, Abe is one in the handful that I admire for their dedication and work to Rotary and aspire to be more like.

My GPS, put me on the wrong side of town, but I made it to the meeting with just minutes to spare.  As luck would have it, a member whom I had met the month before at RLI was walking in at the same time.  Abe quickly informed me that the scheduled speaker was unavailable and could I talk longer than 3 minutes....can I talk longer, anyone who knows me can attest that I can talk.....

Perfect timing for me to be there, as the club was focusing on the Foundation.  I added my reasons for donating to the Foundation.  Three members became Paul Harris Fellows, by way of contributing as sustaining members and one member and his wife were honored as major donors.  Wow what a great day to be in Harrisonburg.  The meal was fine, a good selection on the buffet and the members were welcoming.

Meal: $12

No comments:

Post a Comment