Monday, December 13, 2010

# 91 Innsbrook (7600)

PE Kay, President Gerard and AG Steve
I had company going to this meeting, my next door neighbor and fellow Rotarian Mike Matthews joined me, as his office is just down the street from this site.  This large club could find one hidden in the crowd, but I soon found that people don't hide here.  During "Happy Talk" a member stands up and usually shouts out to another member and fun banter and/or support goes back and forth to announce upcoming events or announcements.  At first I thought how odd that one member stood up called out to another and announced the item.  But then it happened at least 3 more times.  It was a fun way to get items out to the group.

I knew several members at this club either from RLI, or the district conference.  One Rotarian was delivering Poinsettias from the West Richmond Club, I called him out telling the audience that I had a groupie, to which he replied...I'd follow you anywhere...I have enjoyed the humor of the clubs on this trip.

After giving my talk, Eric Latham a honorary Rotarian with the Gainesville-Haymarket club, spoke about his journey walking across the US to raise funds for cancer research.  We had a good talk after the meeting,  after telling him that I was trying to work on getting Ramesh Ferris to the district conference, he said the two have been  in correspondence since their cross-venture trips.  It would be great for the two to meet.

I very much appreciate the flag.

Meal: $15
Donation: $5 (from a member)

No comments:

Post a Comment