Monday, December 13, 2010

# 90 Louisa (7610)


This small club west of Richmond, is a dinner club and by all account enjoy their weekly gathering.  This small group was very inviting and interested in the undertaking I have embraced.  I was happy to see AG Julie Green & husband George, who had come to support my efforts. On the recommendation of a member I ordered the chicken Alfredo and was not disappointed.  Although the portions were excessively large, this provides a nice snack for teenage boys at my home.  But the best part of the meal was the homemade brownies in little rose bundt shapes.

You will see a white board with items, names & dates.  This shows the members when they come in what items that are current or coming up, who is the leader of the item and date due.  Great idea!  I never did learn what the cold weather kits were, but it sounds like a good idea.

I had ample time to share my past and future trips of India as well as the Polio Plus efforts.  The club donated the happy dollars and raffle moneys to Polio Plus.  As well as other members offering to make donations.  It was all very much appreciated.

Meal $20
Donations: $15

No comments:

Post a Comment