Tuesday, December 7, 2010

#73 Warsaw (7610)

Okay finally trying to get caught up on the blog. Yes it has been almost a week since I have had the time to update and I have 13 clubs to add... so here we go....

Warsaw is located in the Northern Neck of Virginia, my friend & AG Bill Croxton scheduled this club for me.  Meeting at an adult living center, I was surprised that a couple of the members live on site.  So they do not have an excuse for missing a meeting.  This smaller club was warm and inviting as was the food.  I had the opportunity to chat with many prior to my presentation, and after a slight technical glitch I was ready to go.  I shared my experience in the last NID and why it is so important to completely eradicate Polio.  What the club was most surprised with was that one of their own, was a Polio Survivor.  A new member to the club, but not new to Rotary, shared with me her story she an two friends all contracted polio on the same day, one who was only able to blink after being infected.   Asking her permission I had her share her experience, I am so moved by those who were affected by this disease.  The members were all surprised to hear her story.  Another member shared the fears from his childhood.  So they understand the fears that parents have in the countries where Polio is still prevalent.




Meal:
$10

No comments:

Post a Comment