Saturday, November 27, 2010

# 71 Alexandria (7610)




Belle Haven CC is a beautiful facility and the banquet room was exquisite .  This club may be the largest in the district and they have several visitors each week.  Club President Gayle Spurr was on holiday in Hawaii, so PE John Wood was kind enough to introduce me (John by the way, knows my next door neighbor, small world).  But prior to my speech was a special treat; club member Tom Hook was recognized for, count them, 50 years of perfect attendance!!!!!  How does one follow that, especially since I just celebrated my 4th year, I have a long way to go.  I must add that Tom did not look much more than 50 himself...how old was he when he joined?  It was a pleasure for his family to be there with him.

Other notable items of mention; Alexandria is the honorary home club of the District Governor, I was not familiar with this as an option.  It was explained that Ron Marion visits so frequently, that he was made an honorary member of the club.  I love banners and this club has over 400 on display (yes, I counted).  I have collected only 5 to date on this journey, I would bring banners to exchange with all the clubs but my club's budget could not support this.

Meal $20

No comments:

Post a Comment