Wednesday, January 5, 2011

# 105 Fairfax (7610)

Lunch in Fairfax, a town I seem to be driving through quite frequently to get to other clubs.  This larger lunch club had a very full schedule.  The new slate of officers were introduced to the club and the review of the fabulous christmas party held for over 60 homeless children was reviewed.  This club is active year round with Christmas in April, a Classic Golf Tournament, Bell Ringing for Salvation Army, See's Candy sales and many more events.  President Art gave me ample time to present my report on my quest before the featured speaker; Susan Kousek from Balanced Spaces spoke on organizing your life. It was a great program for the beginning of the year, when we are all thinking of organizing our homes, offices or life in general.
The meal was a buffet with all the trimmings, I tried to stay with the healthier options as one of my goals for this new year is to loose the extra weight, I have been gaining from this mission.  This club ends the meeting with the Pledge of Allegiance.

Club gives donation to Faccets, a non-profit that provides temporary housing for the homeless

Officers for 2011-12

Susan Kousek of Balanced Spaces talks about organizing your time
Meal $15

No comments:

Post a Comment