Tuesday, January 11, 2011

#107 District 7600 Presidential Retreat

registration

Great turn out for a snow day in January

Jim finally gets his banner.
Saturday, January 8th, was my 100th day of the challenge so I was happy to have an event to coincide with the day.  It was day number 100, but number 107  in line of clubs and/or events.  There were about 120 participants for the Presidential Retreat.  The event was for both current presidents and president-elects, to review the midyear status and goals for the 2nd half.  Meeting at the Wakefield 4-H Airfield Center we were all concerned with the impending snow, fortunately it held off until we finished.  Many had travel delays arriving to the meeting.  The one thing I really liked was how the meeting flowed.  There were many presentations, but they were kept to a short time frame, which allowed the participants to get the information they really needed, without going overboard.  The time flew by and I never saw anyone nodding.


Chair of the Event, Jerry Fields was very gracious to let me attend the event, especially with me being from another district.  The district has made me feel like an honorary member of the of their group.  DG Jayne Sullivan, Foundation Chair, Bill Pollard and Polio Plus Chair, Jerry Fields all brought up my challenge and thanked the clubs for their hospitality.  I was also given time at lunch to thank the clubs.


I have to say this was a fantastic lunch!  Simple sandwiches, but yeast rolls were delicious and peach cobbler a la mode, yummy!


Pictures to come.
I paid for the event , but I am also making a donation of $25 (the cost) in appreciation for letting me join in.





No comments:

Post a Comment