Wednesday, January 19, 2011

# 115 Sandston

I have been holding off on this club because it is only 30 mins from my home.  But it was a special treat to come today as it was "New Generation Day", with four members bringing their children.  I am a strong proponent of sharing Rotary with our children and grandchildren, so I was especially pleased to see the younger set.  Now I was told the pizza is a regular on the buffet, not just for the kids.  My table-mates were gracious and have invited me to visit anytime.
Member Jerry is awarded his 3rd Paul Harris, I love being able to witness the success of members and clubs.
Now the raffle tickets are a good deal, an arm's length for $5, needless to say I bought $5, and I actually won, so that $25 will go to Polio Plus.
The club's signature project is a van for the USO at the airport  that will provide transportation to the military men and women at the Richmond airport.

Meal: $10
Donation: $10
raffle: $25 (club to submit)

No comments:

Post a Comment