Monday, January 17, 2011

# 112 Exmore



When I arrived to the Moose Lodge in Belle Haven, the members were enjoying Thanksgiving in January, turkey, stuffing and the trimmings. President Hal was cruising somewhere in warmer waters so the PE,   , welcomed me and had soup and a plate of food delivered to my table.  Shortly thereafter, I was introduced and went over my quest.  After my talk, one member announced that the club should extend their support and gave a shout out to another member who suggested the winner of the evening raffle should donate her winnings (this was his wife).  From that they suggested that all members give something by leaving something in the basket on their way out....the total amount was $147!!  I was overwhelmed.  And while I was not with the club for a full meeting, they were gracious and generous and I thank each and everyone! 

From here, I drove back over the Chesapeake Bay Bridge and it is just as beautiful at night as it was in the day.

Meal:$13
Additional donation: $147

No comments:

Post a Comment