Monday, January 17, 2011

#111 Onancock

Still on the Eastern Shore another water view restaurant.  I have to say I just missed the sunset, but I have been assured that it is amazing and been invited back when the sun sets a bit later in the evening. This is the smallest club in 7600. With nine in attendance it was very informal and you really felt a part of this group. 
One member shared his Polio experience, a friend of his contracted Polio and was in an iron lung in Richmond.  The paralysis was up to his neck and they feared he would only have days to live.  The Boston Red Socks were playing in Washington and someone working at the team's hotel asked if Ted Williams (the boy's favorite player) would autograph a ball for him as a last moment of happiness.   The ball arrived at the hospital and the boy's fever amazingly went down and he began to recover.  Today he is still a friend of the Rotarian; healthy, walking and I will presume that he may still have the coveted ball.

This was an inviting club and while I did not part take in the meal, it looked and smelled amazing.  I scurried off as they were sitting down so that I could meet with the Exmore club 15 minutes down the road.  I very much appreciate the two clubs working together so that I could maximize my time.  I will however share a meal with this club in the future.

This small community boasts two clubs, this the evening club and on Tuesday mornings a breakfast club.

Meal $10

No comments:

Post a Comment