Monday, January 24, 2011

# 116 Emporia


This is the first club that meets at a hospital, and I can tell you hospital food has greatly improved from what I received my last visit some 17 years ago.  The Emporia club focuses on the youth of their community providing scholarships for students. The club supports Polio Plus and one member suggested that they complete the requested donation at the meeting.
A spinning wheel sits next to the check in, that members spin for fines, and I can attest that members paid late fines with the honor system, leaving cash at the base of the wheel.
Today's speaker, Mike Morehart, Senior Agent in Charge of the FBI Richmond office, gave a great talk on what the FBI is doing to protect the citizens of our country. I enjoyed his talk and have requested that he come and speak to  the West Point club.

Lunch: $8 (upped to $10)
Banner $5
additional donation $10

No comments:

Post a Comment