Wednesday, January 19, 2011

# 113 Hampton Roads

looking for 9 more bowling pins

3 weeks until the Bowling Tournament


Watch out Powhatan, there is a competition for most energy in a club!  My emails to the club went into Spam folders, but I took my chances on the meeting date and arrived to find some familiar faces. Fortunately they informed President Clenise, that I was on the up and up and she welcomed me with open arms.  Now the first thing I was told by the members that they were a very energenic club, so I'm thinking to myself, we'll see...it was pretty routine to start, with the exception of the member wearing a hard hat with a large styrofoam 3 on top.

When another visiting Rotarian and I were introduced the club sang a welcome song, and they were good! This is another first for me, amazing how many new things I see, I have definitely learned I haven't seen it all when it comes to Rotary meetings. 
The meeting was a rally for an upcoming Bowling Fundraiser in 3 weeks.   Each committee had their turn at addressing the group and each group was more energetic than the previous group.  I especially loved Winfred telling the members how shameful it would be if they could not come up with $4200 worth of items for the silent auction.  There was fun rousing between the men and women of the club.  The same member with the hardhat came out wearing a bowling pin outfit during this part of  the meeting.  This is a club that likes to have fun, and raise funds in a fun way.

Meal: $13
Banner $5
Donation $20 (from a member)

No comments:

Post a Comment