Friday, January 14, 2011

# 110 Cape Charles

Do you see the water behind the members?

President Bill goes over club business

President Bill and i-past President Mark share a banner with me


I want to point out that prior to coming to Cape Charles I attended my own club meeting, the first of four today.  While I am not counting West Point for purpose of the ongoing Challenge, I want to report that we have a new caterer, Melissa Hartman from Jessica's Sweet Shop in Gloucester and the food is absolutely fabulous!!!!!  We went from having my least favorite breakfast to the best and the attendance is reflecting this new and improved food.

On to Cape Charles, wow what a trip over here.  If you have never taken the Chesapeake Bay Bridge to the Eastern Shore, make plans to do so as it was a most beautiful ride and the scenery was breath taking.  With an address of 1 Marina Circle, I figure it has to be on the water...WOW what a view!  The meeting room is bright and airy with a Floridian feel.  Asked if we need to close the blinds for my presentation, I replied not with  these views, keep the blinds open.  So with spectacular views we had a meal of, yes, chicken(very tasty), collared greens and the best mac and cheese I've had in a long, long time!   The group was great with questions about the NID experience and is working on polio fundraising.

When I inquire about the land across the Bay I was informed that it was Yorktown, I could have taken the boat to this meeting. Although they said that no one has done that to date.  Also interesting is that the club previously met on the ferry boat , what an interesting concept.  A very enjoyable lunch, I'm sure I will be back for a make up, maybe I'll come by boat.

Meal: $8 (brought up to $10)
Banner: $5

No comments:

Post a Comment