Sunday, January 2, 2011

# 99 Blackstone



I was assured I would have the best Fried Chicken in Virginia at this club, and they were true to their word, and the homemade rolls made up for the canned green beans.  At the Blackstone club I was able to reconnect with Chuck & Rebecca Arnason, Chuck by the way was just announced as the 2013-14 DGN designee for district 7600.

This club with anticipation of my visit, dug deep into their individual pockets and offered up a donation of $311 in honor of my 200 Club Challenge, which I was astonished with.  But what happened next nearly blew me away; Chuck pledge to personally match that amount for a total of $622 to Polio Plus.

Another thing I like about this club was the club pennant, it's the first I've seen and no one seemed to know how old it was, but it was in mint condition and is proudly displayed at each meeting.

Meal $15

No comments:

Post a Comment