Monday, February 14, 2011

# 122 Mechanicsville

I came to visit the Mechanicsville club on the day of my departure, and while normally I would avoid such arrangements, in order to get all the Wednesday clubs in 7600 & 7610, I needed to get this club in.  Being a relatively short distance only 45 mins, I grabbed the opportunity to visit.  This club has enthusiasm, especially when it comes to Happy Dollars and fines.  Member Sue is the Sargent at Arms and she was on top of her game today. The featured speaker was speaking on International Hospital for Children, a program started by a Rotarian. After Chatting with the speaker I asked that they come to West Point, which they are glad to do and will be there on Feb 17th.
 I Stayed only long enough to then give my brief talk before I left to go to the airport to catch my flight to India.  This was Wednesday morning, I would not make it to India until Saturday morning (Friday afternoon our time).  But that's another blog entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment