Sunday, February 27, 2011

#153 Culpeper


PE Hobson and President Brian except the 200 Challenge Certificate

This 7:00 am club meets at the Best Western, and as Culpeper is 2.5 hours from west Point, I decided to stay in Culpeper the night prior to the meeting. I was informed this was a small club that was having difficulties capturing new members.  They recently changed the meeting date and time to better fit the schedules of its members.  They were a Monday evening club and now they are a Thursday morning club. I must say the meeting had a high attendance this day as every seat was filled.  I was delighted to meet Scott Mills, the AG for this area, since I missed him at several other clubs and/or events. As we move in our Rotary life we meet Rotarians who inspire us, Scott is one of those individuals for me, I have great respect and admiration for his commitment to Rotary.

The members were very pleased to see the work in India by Rotarians and more pleased to learn that 5 members from District 7610 went to take part in the experience.  Several mentioned that it was important for others like myself to bring the message back to the clubs, not only of what Rotary is doing, but what needs to be done and how we can make a difference.  Rotary is making a difference in the lives of so many in India and around the world.

Meal: $13

No comments:

Post a Comment