Monday, February 21, 2011

# 147 West Point

Okay so I had stopped including my own club, but I added this meeting as it was my meeting to be in charge of.  My speaker was Jennifer Curtis of the International Hospital for Children, which was perfect for World Understanding Month.  I wanted to have this organization talk to our club after meeting at the Mechanicsville club.  The IHC was started by a Rotarian from the South Richmond Club, I especially like that it showcases how Matching Grants are helping those in greatest need and that one Rotarian can bring an idea together with the club and beyond to make a difference for so many lives.  I will also say that our new caterer Melissa makes the best breakfast hands down.  So please come visit the West point Club on Thursday morning.
I was also in charge of the pledge, invocation and incentive prize.  The pledge I heard at another club and brought it to our club.  As for the incentive, I brought in a beaded handbag, a sandalwood carved elephant and some lentil snack, all from my recent trip. The member winning the prize was happy, I know his wife will be happy with the bag.  Lastly, we encouraged Jennifer to consider joining Rotary, she is also considering applying for the next GSE team in 7600.  She will be a Rotarian at some point.  Also do you see the Rotary Wheel of Fortune, a clever way to have fun quizzing Rotary knowledge from our Foundation Chair, John has lots of great ideas.

Meal: $10

1 comment:

  1. Hi Colleen!

    It was such a pleasure to meet you and your club! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to share our story!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete