Sunday, February 27, 2011

# 154 Woodbridge

Trash can for Trash Talk

Spin the wheel if you are late.

I thought this club met at a golf club, so I was surprised when I drove up to an adult home.  After being miss-directed to the wrong room, a helpful staff member guided me through the maze of corridors to the correct room.  Even with the room error, I managed to arrive prior to other club members.  President Charlene was so welcoming and AG Dave Mercer also visited the club today, always nice to see his smile.

So, club # 154, and I saw two new traditions here.  First, trash talk...yes another name for Happy Dollars, but they use a trash can to collect the funds.  Second, was the late wheel, which the latecomers must spin  publicly to reveal their fine. Today two members were quite tardy and spun the wheel.  All was done in good fun.  One member was spring cleaning at her home and came across an annual fruit sales award, a plastic orange atop of a small shelf, with the year and name of the high sellers, it was extra incentive draw of the day (I think others may have looked at it as the white elephant gift), either way it was good fun.
The featured speaker was from VDOT and we learned about the major highway programs in the works or soon to be coming to the northern Virginia highway corridor.  The meal was very good consisting of a choice of fish or chicken.  I won the 50/50 draw, which I haven't done in some time.

Meal: $13
50/50: $33

No comments:

Post a Comment