Monday, February 21, 2011

# 146 Front Royal

President Pam IPD Eric and myself before the banners of district accomplishments
I promised Eric Adamson, that I would incorporate Front Royal into my schedule of club visits, it took a couple of tries to get the schedule so that we were both available on the same date.  I have to first state the the staff at the Holiday Inn, in Front Royal is fabulous, they got my equipment connected and even got me a safety pin for my sari, which was determined to slide off my shoulder.  Also to a club member who was able to pull up my presentation, when I kept receiving error messages.


President Pam is an absolute delight and I enjoyed chatting with her. Two members I spoke with, were from India and Gwangu, Korea respectively and I was happy to speak to them individually about their respective countries.  Eric introduced me, his wife Linda was not feeling well this day so I missed the chance to see her.  The group was pleased with the presentation, although I went over on the time.  So thank you to the club for your patience. I learned that the Happy Dollars went to the club's Polio Plus fund raising efforts. Several came up after the meeting, one member even brought a check, for the Limb Center, which I will direct through the foundation.  Others asked for information on next years trip, which will be forth coming.  This club also knows how to raise money;  events such as "Cash Carnival (aka Las Vegas Night"), "Vacation Gala", "Golf Tournament", "Festival Events" (food vending), Horse Show, Poker Tournament, and Poinsettia Sales are some of the ways this club rasing funds to support the project lsted below.  Spreading the good to all areas of their community.

Scholarships
No Skip Scholarship
Little League Baseball
Blue Ridge Arts Council
Youth Exchange
True Colors
Boy Scouts
Ethics Workshop
Youth Soccer League
Juvenile Diabetes (walk)
C Edu. Endowment
Camp Fantastic
4-H Camp Scholarships
Midget Football Youth  Soccer-American Red Cross
Rotary Family Memorials 
Habitat For Humanity
WC Serv Group / Daise Troop
Midget FB Cheerleaders.
Youth Leadership-B'ksb
After Prom Party
Doc Smith Baskets
Interact
Chamber of Commerce
FR Beautification
March of Dimes
Shenandoah Area Agency On Aging
Youth Exchange
Samuels Library
Blue Ridge Opportunities
Bone Marrow Drive
St. Lukes Community Clinic
Relay For Life


Meal $13  which was very good by the way!
Club Banner $5
$50 Donation from club member

No comments:

Post a Comment