Monday, February 21, 2011

# 145 Virginia Beach

Again, the clubs are energized and new members are coming in.  This evening club is mid to large in numbers and has a more formal setting (without a head table)  I am not a fan of head tables, but see the need especially for the larger clubs. I was seated next to Jamie, who is a 2nd generation Rotarian, his father and mother live in Canada and traveled to India last year to participate in an NID. I was familiar with the group they were a part of, as I had talked with the leader about Chad and I joining them.  The main reason I did not go with this group was the length of stay, they were in India for 21 days, longer than I wanted to take Chad out of school for.  I had actually talked with four different groups before making my decision to join Nancy Barbee's group.
New member Barbara is not a new Rotarian, but rather a transplant, she is the IPP of the Centerville club in my district and we attended several meetings together in the past.  Tom Crockett of Together We Can Foundation talked about life coaches for youth at risk in particular teens in the foster care system.  I loved the presentation and work they do.  This is an ongoing program that the club supports.  I will come back to this club in the summer to present my full talk on Rotary Beyond the Club.

New to RC of VB, PP Barbara receives a new pin.

Meal:$15

No comments:

Post a Comment