Tuesday, March 1, 2011

# 157 Short Pump- Henrico County

President Kate receives 200/200 Club Certificate

Very yummy!  I have been waiting for this club meeting as Maggiano's is one of my favorite restaurants.  So of course it gets high marks for the food.  President Kate and members were very welcoming; and this 2 year old club has plenty of spirit and energy.  I had the pleasure of speaking with several members before the meeting started and during lunch.  They are excited about the opportunities they have before them with projects and fund raising opportunities.  One fundraiser they plan to continue on an annual basis is a 5K fun run.  This weekend they are hitting the roads as the newest adopt-a-highway group in the area.
It is fun to see the reactions of the members when I tell them I am visiting 200 clubs in 200 days, many are in disbelief.
Today was a club assembly and I liked that they had a member survey, with an incentive prize for one lucky participant; two Regal Theater tickets and $10 for concessions.  I do believe all filled out the form.  The various committee chairs also spoke on their given areas.  A great meeting!  This is the 2nd club that was holding a club assembly on the day of my visit.  One item to note is that the week prior, they decide what organization will benefit from the Happy Dollars the following week.  I met up with visitors from two clubs I have already visited, including President Cora from the BonAir club, she liked the write up on her club, to which I said, I very much enjoyed the club's hospitality.
President Cora(Bon Air), President Kate (Short Pump) and IPP (West Point)


No comments:

Post a Comment