Friday, March 18, 2011

# 172 Goldsboro -Three Eagles


two of the three Birthday celebrants


White ping pong ball is not a winner
This club loves to laugh, and they love community service.   This is the 2nd club that I have come to that meets at a hospital dining room.  I must say hospital food has changed drastically since I was last in the hospital.  Much to my surprise member and AG, Bryce was a GSE Team leader to Bahir, India and traveled to Dhanbad so was very familiar with the area we worked during last years' trip. We both enjoyed sharing memories.  Then seated next to me member Kieth, was a GSE Team Leader to Korea. She shared with me that the Koreans love to share the freshest cuts of raw fish to visitors….I’m not a sushi fan….so I will learn to like sushi.

Member Barbara was to give a presentation this morning but after hearing why I was visiting she asked if I would be the featured speaker.  I was happy to share my Beyond the Rotary Club talk.  This club noted birthdays and the three members with birthday’s donned festive hats and a member played “Celebration” on his cell phone, or it was an odd coincidence.   Another new thing was seen after the 50/50 drawing. The winning member drew a pin pong ball out of a bag, The bag consisted of 7 white balls and one orange, the orange being the winning ball.  I very much appreciate the mug and banner.

The only down note of the meeting, was that I inadvertently left my Polio Vaccine vial, I was absolutely heart broken, knowing that it was surely tossed out with any other papers and things left on the table.  Knowing that Nancy would understand my despair, I called her.  To my great surprise she told me she had an extra vial from our trip that she offered up to replace my lost vial.

Meal $10
Banner $5

No comments:

Post a Comment