Friday, March 18, 2011

# 181 Lenoir County, NC




I was absolutely wowed by this small club, with ten members at the meeting, Nancy introduced me and I spoke on the 180 club visits prior to them.   The breakfast club meets at the Barn Steakhouse in Kinston and was the normal breakfast fare,the blueberry pancakes were very tasty. I understand the restaurant has a delicious lunch and dinner menu.  As one member pointed out they give more hours of service per person than most other clubs and based on their projects I can see why.  They work smart with fundraisers, the spaghetti lunch events they hold twice a year nets over $800 for 2 hours of work each.  They also made a contribution to Polio plus of $200 in honor of my 200 clubs in 200 days, this is the first club to put the donation this way.  I am humbled and very grateful.
Meal : $10
Donation: $200

No comments:

Post a Comment