Thursday, March 17, 2011

# 167 Elizabeth City

Well the GPS took me on the scenic route and I arrived only minutes before the meeting started, as such I did not have the opportunity to chat with anyone prior to the start. As I talked with some members I learned the gentleman sitting across from me had 60 years in Rotary and I believe he had perfect attendance.  All the  senior Rotarians I have met have been so sweet and love to share their stories of service.  I did joke with the members about the chicken and green beans, but honestly the fried chicken was amazing.  The speaker reviewed plans for a new YMCA being built in a nearby community.  The meeting finished early and as with many clubs the members scoot out to return to work.  You have to admit the Elizabeth City's full size club banner is great!  I appreciate President Peter Thomson giving me time to share my mission and the banner.  A special thank you to the 50/50 winner donating his winnings to the Polio Plus Challenge.

Meal $10
Banner $ 5
Donation $26

No comments:

Post a Comment