Tuesday, March 8, 2011

#160 Crabtree (Raleigh, NC)

Crabtree in Raleigh is a club made up of many true gentlemen and one lovely lady. Chartered in 1914, they uphold the ideals of Rotary the same as they did some 100 years ago. In scheduling this meeting I spoke with several members, Ed Morton was most helpful and I had the pleasure of sitting with him at lunch.  The club secretary Tom, asked that I send a email confirming my visit, when I did, I received a reply back stating that he could not help me as he had retired 11 years ago and had left Rotary then.  Well, I was dumbfounded, did this man have Alzheimer's I thought, I had only talked with him 30 minutes earlier.  So I looked at the email and I noticed that I had misspelled the email address by one letter...what a coincidence that two individuals would share Rotary who were so close in the email address.  We all had a good laugh at the meeting at this finding.

The meal was very good;  selection of salad and pasta was a nice change from the chicken and green beans fare.  The speaker was a local reporter who does human interest stories in NC, did a fantastic presentation that left me wanting more.  So with that I purchased a copy of his book and will look up the program on the WRAL website, the show is called the Tarheel Traveler.

Meal $12
donation $10

No comments:

Post a Comment