Thursday, March 17, 2011

#162 Cary-Page

Eleni, President Susan and Brian


So I had dinner with Rick Steadman, this morning I had breakfast with his beautiful wife Eleni at her club; Cary - Page.  Rick and Eleni hosted me at their home and I had the pleasure of meeting Eleni's father, PDG Art Christakos and member of the Durham club.  I found it quite comical that there are three people living in a home and each is a member of a different club.  Eleni followed her father into Rotary and as the story has it, it was in the wedding vows that Rick would join Rotary.  Thank you so very much for the comfy accommodations.

The Cary Page club meets at a beautiful senior living center, with bungalows overlooking a small lake.  The traditional breakfast fare was very good.  The group split into two after the pledge and invocation, with new members and the membership chair going off for membership review.  Attendance has a sweet reward in this club; members who had completed a make up meeting were rewarded with candy.
 With the featured speaker unavailable, I was able to give my long talk today  after which several members requested information for next year's NID trip.  Initial information for that trip will soon be available.

Meal $15

No comments:

Post a Comment