Wednesday, November 3, 2010

#40 Middlesex

I'll start at the end, after leaving this club I felt that they were most like my own club, then it hit me...They chartered us, so it makes perfect sense that they would be very similar to our meeting order and procedures. Needless to say I felt quite at home. Middlesex is a morning club meeting at the Pilot House Inn in Topping, Va. Today was election day and the normal meeting room was occupied with the election proceeding. So the quarters were a little tight, I don't think this jovial group minded one bit. PDG Jerry Suyes and Marie Suyes, gave everyone the pleasure of tasting their son's cinnamon rolls, who has just opened a bakery, if the rolls are an indication of his baking abilities he will do great.

We had a technical difficulty with my speakers during the video presentation, I would learn that you must reboot the laptop each time when attaching the speakers (this I learned from my teenage son). I shared a table with Rip & Doris Radcliffe who shared their recent adventures to China. There are three couples in the club, which I love to see spouses sharing Rotary together.

This club was great with questions and I was more pleased to learn that PDG Jerry & Marie had traveled to India, some 15 years ago in light of Polio and had themselves given Polio Vaccines. So I definitely wanted them in the club snapshot. The club also had the Polio Plus Jar go around a 2nd time for good measure, and are well on their way to reaching their goal for the year.

I want to point out President Bert's Quarterly Community Service brochure and volunteer card. Brilliant idea, during this quarter there are 14 different volunteer opportunities for members to participate in and they make a pledge to which activities they can take part in.
Simply fantastic!
Since my 2nd technical glitch was my camera, I will post the picture soon. (AG Bill was kind enough to use his phone for the photo op)

Breakfast $10

No comments:

Post a Comment