Wednesday, November 10, 2010

# 52 The Historical Triangle (Williamsburg-Jamestown-Yorktown) (7600)


This club may be closer than the New Kent club to my home.  I have passed the meeting location, hundreds of times, maybe more and did not know there was a country club and other facilities here.  I love seeing the expressions when the  group hears that I am visiting 200 clubs in 200 days.

First I will mention the food was phenomenal, the plated roast turkey and cornbread stuffing was a preview of Thanksgiving to come.  The chocolate cake was rich and decadent.  But this club knew that they would get high marks for the culinary meal they so enjoy.  Now the Foundation Dinner for District 7600 will be held here at Colonial Heritage so if you haven't signed up for the Foundation Dinner, be sure to do so by Friday.

I must also say that I love the triangular club banner, next time I will bring a banner to exchange.

The speaker was Carlton Abbott of Carlton Abbott and Partners.  I am familiar with Mr Abbott's designs as he has worked with the Town of West Point on several projects that I have been involved with.  Along with being an award-winning architect and artist, he is the son of the Blue Ridge Parkway's original landscape architect, Stanley Abbott.  His presentation on the Parkways of America and particularly the Blue Ridge and Colonial Parkways gave a legacy of history that you don't find today.  It was inspirational and left the audience wanting to hear more.

Oh, I won the drawing today $23, which of course will go to Polio Plus.  I also had the pleasure to lead the 4-Way Test at the conclusion f the meeting.  Lastly, I will be assisting the club with the ringing of the Salvation Army bell on November 27th.
Tank you President Nolan, I look forward to visiting The Historic Triangle club after my return from India.

Meal: $15

No comments:

Post a Comment