Wednesday, November 17, 2010

# 61 Prince George County (7600)

Mama Mia, this club meets for breakfast at an Italian Restaurant.  Normally, you would not put breakfast and an Italian Restaurant together, but Rosa's Italian Restaurante is a great place for great american breakfast.  I was glad to see familiar faces again, not only from the district conference but from previous RLI sessions.

When I saw that PDG Karlis Graubics was speaking I was very excited.  I knew he had travelled to Nepal to climb to Mt Everest base camp collecting funds for the Rotary Foundation along the way.  I never thought how grueling the climb to the base camp would be nor did I realize how long it would take, nine days up and five days down.  Karlis lost 26 pounds during the trek, although he said that he has found many of the pounds now that he is back.

While I was completely spell bound, I have absolutely no desire to take that trek, but am glad to know there are individuals like Karlis who are willing to take on  the Challenge and share it with us.  The pictures were beautiful.

At the table this morning Lisa showed me her pinkie....I was thrilled to see she still had her purple pinkie from the district conference
.
Peg, thank you for the pen, I very much enjoyed the company of the club.

Meal $10

No comments:

Post a Comment