Sunday, November 21, 2010

# 65 Springfield (7610)

I have been to this club in the past for a make up, so I knew where they meet. Today Bernadette Brusoe and M. Siddique Sheikh  were inducted as new members of the Springfield Club. It has been a pleasure meeting so many new members along my travels.  I hope that I can inspire them to make the most of their Rotary experience.  I like to tell new members the more they get involved with Rotary, the more they will get back. 


Wayne Chiles is a member of this club and is District Chair  for Shelter Box, we love Shelter Box and so does the West Point High School.  Last year the school raised over $10,000 for Shelter Box and this small school does not have an Interact Club.


 The Rotary Club of Springfield is selling White House Christmas ornaments again this year. All net proceeds from the sale ($5.00 of the sales price of $20.00 each) will be used to fund winter clothing for homeless children of Fairfax County Public Schools. You can contact the club about purchasing an ornament.  I thank the club for the ornament as the speaker gift. 
image002.jpg


A visiting Rotarian, Bart Jarnagin form the West Springfield club expressed an interest in joining the NID trip to India in January.   The baked Pasta was very good and no green beans.


Meal $15
Additional donation: $28

No comments:

Post a Comment