Sunday, November 14, 2010

#58 District 7610 Foundation Banquet

I had just enough time after the RLI event to drive to Fredericksburg, change and arrive at my District's Foundation Banquet.  Unfortunately, not having enough time to go home, I let Dan continue his hunting and miss this dinner.  These events give me the opportunity to catch up with others in my district that I don't see on a regular basis.

I was looking forward to chatting with our DGE Jon Allan, who has chosen me to represent the district next year with the GSE Team and we just learned that we will be traveling to District 3710 in South Korea.  I have never been to South Korea and am pleased to represent the district and our country.  I plan to review cultural etiquette and basic language so that I can work with the team members ahead of time.

I was surprised to be recognized with the Foundation District Service Award for my work with Polio Plus.  The West Point club was recognized for EREY and was inadvertently given an award for 100% Sustaining Club, which I corrected at the conclusion of the award.

I sat with the Andrea & Barry Coble from the North Stafford Club, Catherine from Centerville, Lester and some other Rotarians.  Andrea & Barry have opened their home to me when I am traveling to Northern VA, which saves me travel time in the morning.  Several others have invited me to stay with them as well.  Which is much appreciated as this is a costly endeavor.  I haven't calculated how much I have spend in travel, hotel & gas.

No comments:

Post a Comment