Wednesday, November 3, 2010

#45 Chesapeake (7600)



I was back at Chesapeake to speak about Polio Plus. Perfectly timed for Foundation month. Today unlike yesterday, both the speakers and camera worked without incident. First and foremost I was excited to hear about the Wine Festival, although I knew it was a success, I didn't realize just how successful it was. They put so much into it and were well rewarded for their efforts. I was able to meet back with some of my fellow merchandise sellers and was happy to share in their success.

I was pleased, when I asked what Oct 24th was and was given the correct answer: World Polio Day. It was the first time I was told that Rotary is asking that Rotarians give $50 for Polio Plus. I was embarrassed that I did not know this. The club recognized it's Paul Harris Fellows wherein most were wearing their PH Medallions.

The presentation went well and several came up to thank me at the conclusion. This club meets at the Convention Center just off Greenbrier and sometimes has to move due to the room being used, so they are quite flexible. I also want to note that President David was very happy with the new microphone. I love it when others get excited about little things.

Two things to point out; they have a spinning wheel, which while not used, I understand is a fun way to get additional funds from "fines" and secondly, this club has more banners than I have seen at any other club and I love banners.

Meal $10

No comments:

Post a Comment