Wednesday, November 17, 2010

#62 Virginia Peninsula



Back over to the Hampton Roads area, The Virginia Peninsula club  is home to Jim Pierce, the Rotarian, who I say encouraged the 200/200 Challenge.  Jim is a great sport and a better Rotarian.  This lunch club has one thing I have yet to see, a member who plays the clarinet before the meetings, and I thought the piano was good.  It was a wonderful addition to the meeting.

This club also had the pleasure of inducting two new members and a member coming in to full ranks, by having his "new member ribbon" removed from his name badge.  I love seeing new members inducted and sharing in their journey into a club.  Patricia, a pharmacist, works with vaccination education and I already see her working on Polio Plus projects.

Since, I always tell people that I rate the food.  the buffet had fabulous mashed potatoes and the cookies were perfect.  Good insightful questions and Jim's Polio update was the perfect lead into my presentation.  Thank you John for the pen. And a special thanks to the club for the additional $100 to Polio Plus!



Meal $15
Donation $100

No comments:

Post a Comment