Sunday, November 21, 2010

# 67 Bailey's Crossroads

This is one of those clubs I was looking forward to visiting, as it has won much respect for it's project and service in the community.   And, lets not forget awards within the district, they are a 2 time Paul Harris Fellow Club.   I will preface that I know some of the members and thank them for sharing their club with me.
I also have to thank Andrea & Barry Coble for opening their home to me the evening before.  I would have to leave my home at 4:30 am to make it to the meeting.  As it was I left their home at 6:00am arriving at 7:15 and the traffic was not "that" bad.

It was a busy morning at this club with many items on the agenda. First, another member induction; Karen Elsbury joined the Bailey's Crossroads Club today.  Karen's father was a Rotarian, so it is nice to see the next generation join the ranks.

President Karey Starnes gave me the opportunity to share my goals and update the Polio Plus efforts.


The club banner peaked my interest in it's design, which Bill Bailey was happy to share the significance of the images.  The three rings are in honor of Barnum and Bailey Circus who wintered their animals there.  The Cardinal represents not  only the state bird of Virginia but also the fact that the clubs refer to themselves as  "The Early Birds" and my favorite item the directional arrows showing 7:30 just outside the Rotary Wheel. The confederate flag was replaced with the flag of Virginia.




 The district's newest Ambassadorial Scholar, Andrea Washington spoke about her goals as an ambassadorial scholar. She will travel to South Africa for her studies in february 2012. Currently she is the President or the Washington DC Rotaract Club.


Meal $8
additional $28

No comments:

Post a Comment