Sunday, November 21, 2010

# 66 Fredericksburg

This was my first all male club in the US, I have been to all male clubs in other parts of the world.  On my arrival I was notified that another guest was visiting from West Point. In fact this individual has a home, very close to one of mine. Stephen Palmer is the Commonwealth Attorney for King William County and while I am familiar with his work, we never met.  I very much enjoyed becoming acquainted with Mr. Palmer, as well as club members.
Andrea Coble joined me this evening as she is the incoming Assistant Governor for this club. We were both given ample time to introduce ourselves and why we were each there. President Bob Bishop gave us each a banner to take back to our respective clubs.

The club was initially leery of my Challenge, asking if I was "for real".  Fortunately one of the members knew me from the last district conference and confirmed that I was indeed legit.  I appreciate the club welcoming me and allowing me to share my mission.

Now since I tell clubs that I rate the meals, this has to be one of the best, even with the green beans.  The appetizers at happy hour were over flowing, fortunately I was busy chatting to aimlessly nibble on them.  But what I did sample was delicious, especially the Crab Cakes. Thank  you for the banner and the Happy Dollar donation to Polio Plus

$Dinner?
Additional $30

No comments:

Post a Comment