Friday, November 12, 2010

# 53 Brandermill




Good Morning Brandernill!  I loved the enthusiasm at this club and many knew of my mission, from reading the Foundation Newsletter.  It was great to hear many come up and say" You're the Rotarian going to 200 clubs for Polio Plus".   I also know members through RLI and member Nancy Wright Beasly was a speaker for my club 2 years ago and is a Polio Survivor.  Member Bob Brown is from my town and his aunt is a member  of my club and a past president.

First I want to thank Nancy for her donation of $350 to Polio Plus through the sales of her books "Izzy's Fire" and "Reflections of a Purple Zebra".  If  you have not had Nancy speak to your club; book her and I enjoyed both books.  This club has a piggy bank, which I love as it was made by recycling a laundry soap container and while Petunia has no legs to stand on, none the less, she can hold a large volume of cash.

PDG Joe Mulkerrin spoke on the Foundation and gave a visual presentation of a lever and how while one person alone can not make a change. But putting our resources together we can have a huge impact.

Gayle recited a poem for the veterans, which moved us all.  This club is holding a Thanksgiving for the troops and collecting DVDs for vets.

Meal $10

No comments:

Post a Comment