Thursday, November 4, 2010

#48 Portsmouth (7600)





This is a happy crew! This club meets at a member's restaurant, Roger Brown's Restaurant and Sports Bar, which is huge! I am so happy I went healthy for breakfast, this buffet had a beef stew and real mashed potatoes that were absolutely delicious and the apple crisp was extra crispy and yummy. President Roddy could not have been more accommodating, introducing me to many members and making sure I was comfortable.

My fellow table-mate Steve, led us in the 4-Way Test and was somehow tongue-tied, which led to great rousing and left us all smiling. This club was also very supportive of my mission and the Polio Eradication efforts. Several members came up to me to talk about my trips to India at the end the meeting.

Being Foundation month the Foundation Chair spoke about the DSG. Their signature project: Paint Your Heart Out is a service that assists elderly homeowners with exterior painting and yard maintenance and has gotten rave reviews. Held in April, I plan to come back to assist even though I will be done with my 200 clubs.

Club member Judi was the the featured speaker today; sharing with the club that after four years of effort Pokey Smokey II was in construction and coming to Portsmouth. The train will delight children of all ages and replaces Pokey Smokey which was retired many years ago. Everyone was very excited. I will have to visit again after Pokey Smokey II arrives.

A raffle was held for two gift certificates to Rodman's Bar-B-Que, to ensure the sanctity of the drawing the waitstaff help with the drawing.

Meal: $12

No comments:

Post a Comment