Wednesday, November 3, 2010

#44 Cape Henry (7600)



Rise and shine for this 7:30 breakfast club. I was particularly excited about this morning's meeting as the Cape Henry Club was meeting at the Food Bank in Norfolk. The members arrived, we were greeted and went to a meeting room; where club member Judy arranged for boxed meals and coffee. The meeting was held in a normal fashion and I was given the opportunity to do my 2 min talk prior to the speaker. DG Jayne, a member of this club, has been a great supporter of my mission and I thank her for her encouragement and confidence.

We were told about the food bank and then given a tour of the facilities by Danielle Ayers. It was much bigger than I had anticipated. I was amazed a the scope of service they provide in the southeastern Va area. We learned about the different services from Kids Cafe, Backpack programs and partnering with other community programs to get food to those in need. They provide so much to so many and their requests have risen 52% over the last year.

I loved going on location for a club meeting, what an amazing idea!

Okay, I ate a granola bar on the way down, so I didn't eat, but the breakfast sandwiches looked really good.
Meal $10

No comments:

Post a Comment